Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One Adam 12...


I'm reliving my childhood lately. That is, assuming I ever left it. I've got the first two seasons of Adam 12 on DVD. I don't think I missed too many episodes as a kid. It starred Martin Milner as veteran cop Pete Malloy and Kent McCord as rookie Jim Reed. The shows are chock-full of two-bit crooks, abusive drunks, zonked-out druggies, with a sniper or saboteur thrown in to season the mix. And a parade of the worst-dressed, dumbest hippies ever seen - even in LA. One of my favorite episodes has Malloy and Reed called to an apartment building where the landlady reports that a single mom tenant has gone off and left her baby in the room... as well as a lion. They look at her like they're getting ready to slap a straitjacket on her when from behind the door comes a roar... and a baby crying. Folks, it doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment